Thursday, December 18, 2008

Wyatt on the move






















Wyatt is almost 9 months old and he is really wanting to walk. He has not shown much interest in crawling but he does want me to spend most of my day holding his hands while he walks around the house, restaurant, climbing gym, etc. I really enjoy walking him except it is hurting my back, therefore I got him a walker.We have all hard wood floors so we just roll the rugs back and let him go. He does love the walker but he really prefers me or anyone to walk him around the house. He wants to go up to everything with knobs and play with them. He just smiles and talks the entire time he is walking. Thorn is not use to seeing him in the walking position without an excersaucer holding him in so she is having a hard time with this. I wonder if she thinks he is a little animal b/c he is small and he sounds like an animal (deep thoughts from Becky). Wyatt has not learned to pull himself up yet but he does have pretty good balance. I know he will be so excited when he can get around. Without mommy and daddy he just rolls to get to where he wants to go. I keep trying to teach him to crawl (not really I just put him on his belly) but he just either flips to his back or raises his chest high off the ground and flails his legs around. Oh well as my mom always says he will crawl and walk when he gets ready. As for now I will be his balancer. Oh yeah I also put some pictures of him looking at himself in the mirror. Just like a man he already thinks he is pretty good looking. Everytime he sees himself he just smiles so big.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute camouflage outfit! Pretty soon he'll be taking the knobs OFF the cabinet doors!

Courtney said...

becky, wyatt is so advanced, but you already know that :) he's such a little cutie! thanks for the pictures.

love you-
courtney

Morgan Holt said...

Becky, he looks like a little ladies man in some of those pictures! When they start crawling/walking, they get into WAY more things! Just wait!! You might be glad that he's taking a little longer to do the crawling thing. For some reason, both of my girls have walked by 11 months old. I have always had my hands full. Keep up the good work, momma Becky! You're doing great! :) Looks like he loves his walker!

Morgan Holt said...

Oh yeah...I meant to include that Emmersen does indeed go to Cordova Little Harding. She loves it!