Monday, October 12, 2009

Cohutta Triathlon































I did my first triahlon a week ago Sunday. I loved every minute of it. I have done many running only races but this was way better in my opinion. My race was considered an international distance race which means it included 1/2 mile swim, 18 mile bike, 4 mile run. The pictures of the swim I am wearing a wetsuit because the water temp was extremely cold and boy was I glad I had that suit. The water was so cold people that chose to not wear one were being pulled out of the water by the safety people. I placed 2nd in my age group and 16th out of all the women, which was about 70. My goal is to get into the top 15 for the next race with a few minor adjustments including not having extremely long transistion times. Since this was my first face it took me longer than most to take my wetsuit off and get everything on for the bike and then also to get everything switched out for the run. I recieved a trophy for my 2nd place finish making me feel as if I was back in highschool:). I completed the race in 1:51.10 (the clock in the picture says 1:57, because we started our swim in waves and my age was the 3rd wave)I would recommend doing one of these races to everyone! Sorry the first picture is out of order.





6 comments:

Courtney said...

so proud of you! go beckles!

mom said...

Fight like a girl!! Go Becky!!

Vanessa said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you did a great job.

The Hadfields said...

Awesome!!! What a woman!!

Mindy said...

Whoo you look so buff! Wow, makes me want to do one. Wonder if I could train only on saturdays? :)Seriously I am so proud of you! Great job!!!!

Morgan Holt said...

That is so great Becky! You are one amazing Momma!