Friday, October 10, 2008

Racoon Mountain walk






Vincent, Thorn, Wyatt, and I went for a walk on Racoon Mountain the other day. Racoon Mountain is a great place to walk because it is about 5 miles of pavement, therefore we can use the stroller. Wyatt is OK with the stroller but after a couple of miles he would rather be carried. I enjoy walking on any paved area as compared to hiking because my risk of falling down a hill is majorly decreased. Vincent on the other hand would much rather go on a hiking trail. Racoon Mountain is a bit of both. On top of the mountain there is a lake (TVA pumps the water to the top of the mountain). Surrounding the lake are beautiful woods filled with deer and other animals. There are also many hiking trails through these woods that we have been on,and Vincent has biked on, but on this day Vincent gave in to me and we went pavement hiking:). Thorn had a wonderful time but everytime we walk her now we notice that she is not able to go as far as she use to. The walks and hikes are really showing her age but we still take her because she loves going. She is the best! Oh and for those of you who are checking my spelling and use of comma's or any other errors don't worry my mom wants to start proof reading my blogs before I post them (such a teacher).

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

These pictures are so cute. I can't believe how much older Wyatt is looking in his face. That looks like a fun day, and I'm glad you got to get your way by walking on the pavement. Bear and I were talking the other day about the time that we all went hiking when you were pretty pregnant. That made me nervous.

Mindy said...

yes she mentioned that about my blogs too! I like the mispelled words. they give our blogs character! ha! And yes, super cute pics. He looks huge compared to you. I think you need to gain like 10 pounds before he outgrows you!

Lindy said...

Becky! whew, i was starting to have wyatt pic withdrawals! hee hee! He is getting soooo big!! I love his cute hair, did vince have strawberry blonde hair as a kid?! too cute :0) in answer to your question, yes Logan takes after his mommy in the asthma dept, but thankfully medicines are even better now that they used to be. I love catching up with you on your blog!

Morgan Holt said...

Becky...your pictures are super cute! You are as beautiful as ever and that Wyatt is such a handsome little boy. I'm sure you are so proud!

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, we were hiking together when I had one of my major falls, directly onto my rear! I've never seen you fall, though. The pavement hiking is much better to me, too. I miss pavement hiking with you!

The Hadfields said...

I love Raccoon Mountain. My dad used to take us there all the time to ride bikes. Great pics!!