Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mom's visit and beginning of birthday pictures





































































We have had an eventful past week. Wyatt turned 2 and we celebrated a week late so my mom could make the trip. We had his birthday party at the gym where we attend church. Everything went so smoothly and all the kids seemed to have a great time. Wyatt loved everything about the party until it came to singing happy birthday. He has, not yet, been a child that wants to be center of attention so when it came time to sing the song and all eyes were on him he had his only meltdown of the party. He likes for a small group to pay attention to him but when 30 people were looking right at him he was a bit intimidated. Oh well!!! Vincent made the cake, which was gorgeous. My mom stayed for almost a week so we did many things. She gave Wyatt a membership to the aquarium for his bday so we went there on 2 different days. We checked out the unfortunately very pitiful Chattanooga Zoo. My mom also got Wyatt a swimsuit that slides on and has a float around his tummy, so we took him swimming. He loved it and was so sad I took him out. The water was pretty cold and after about 45 minutes Wyatt was shivering and his lips were actually blue. The coldness did not bother him but I could not bear to look at him shivering so after 45 minutes I called it a swimming day. We also hit up a couple of different parks. The weather was beautiful this week!!!! I think I probably ran mom's legs off but when she is only here for such a short time I want her to experience Wyatt's world so sometimes I guess I might over do it. We had such a great time together and I so wish she was closer. The birthday and the entire week was perfect except that my sister was unable to come due to Elem and Seth running a very high fever. We really missed them so much and can't wait to see them soon.









1 comment:

Mindy said...

What great pictures! Uhm, the fevers, but mostly the WORK!!! BOO. I am so sad we missed. You just dont know. I miss you guys :( I luv that little man and wanted to wish him a happy birthday. I'm gonna pretend that you didnt get 2 bubble mowers and that you kept mine and that he loved that gift. haha. Love you!