Sunday, November 8, 2009

Possum Creek




Vincent and I have recently been trying to go out every other week without the baby and so far it has been a success. We have found a babysitter that Wyatt is familiar with because she works at the YMCA( in the childcare-where he goes everyday). We both like her and so far she has done great with him. I feel really lucky to have found her because after about 2 weeks, or less, Vincent and I just want to go out together without the baby boy:). He is great but I just love being alone with Vincent and doing the things we use to do such as hiking peacefully without the worry that Wyatt might get upset and going out to a relaxing dinner. Wyatt is just perfect in every way but he is after all 19 months old and he does not like to sit and talk at dinner or be stuck in a backpack for an hour while we hike. He wants to walk around and touch things. I don't blame him!! This was our hike yesterday to Possum Creek. It was of course just gorgeous! After the hike we went to supper and had sushi which was also great. When we came home lauren had already bathed him and put away his toys. All we had to do was put him to bed. We had so much fun!


4 comments:

mom said...

I am so glad you are taking time to be with each other. It is good for Wyatt too. It helps him put things in perspective even at his early age. Mom and Dad are important to each other.

The Hadfields said...

Good for you!! We've never had a sitter other than parents and sometimes I really wish we had a dependable teen or someone else. You guys have so many beautiful pictures out in nature! I hope you blow some up and frame them in your house!! :)

Mindy said...

that looks like fun! Super prett waterfall. Im trying to remember how many times I have been out without my kiddo? Hmm. I believe that would be ....2. Love you!

Morgan Holt said...

I absolutely loved catching up with your blog! I didn't realize I was so behind in your life. :) HA! You are right, I was totally dissing my blog and you have been super busy with yours. Thanks for the wonderful updates. I think I commented on every blog as I read them. Sorry for the loss of Thorn. That's awful! And you go Momma Becky with the race!!! WOW! Wyatt is growing up! Maybe you should consider having another now. :) Glad everything is great.