Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thorny pictures







Thorn is our pride and joy so we must show pictures of her of course. She is a 9 year old doberman pincher and she is so so beautiful and sweet (although most of our family does not think she is sweet). She is a red doberman with flopsy ears. Her ears were cropped as a puppy but they did not stand so she has flopsy ears. In my opinion her ears make her look so sweet and friendly, which is decieving because she is aggressive and protective. Vincent had Thorn for about 6 years before we started dating and she was very attached to him. The problem with Thorn is she does not accept new people very well so needless to say I was a bit intimidated the first few months that I was trying to get to know her but now that I know her I love her so much and feel so lucky to have her. She is a built in alarm system with teeth. Also she is so smart. She follows commands and remembers all of Vincent's friends even if she has not seen them in years. We were a bit worried about how she would be with Wyatt but she has been great so far. When he cries she runs in his room and checks on him and just about every morning she will lick his head when he wakes up which is so sweet. Enjoy these pictures of our beautiful 86 pound doberman.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

hahaha lick his head when he gets up???!! What in the world. That dog is scary and tried to eat me last time I was there!

mom said...

I agree, I think you should paint wyatt's head with vinegar. Could be a reason for cradle cap. ha

Anonymous said...

These pictures bring to mind a certain incident, with me standing on the back of my parents' couch, screaming, and Thorn barking at me as she plotted how best to devour me!

Mindy said...

okay I feel bad, no love for thorn. Thorn- I do love you and I accept your apology in my birthday letter. Please try and be sweet and loving to my newphew.

Jeff said...

She was a good girl on the walk at the park :)

The Hadfields said...

I've heard so much about her, I feel like I've met her, but I guess I haven't. :) Love the pic of her with glasses!

Vanessa said...

Well, I too am glad that you have a blog, so I can see precious little Wyatt. I love the picture of Vincent, Wyatt, and Thorn. I always imagine the pictures that I love to look at of my mom and dad when we were all just little children. I think that this is one that Wyatt will love to see when he gets older. Ben and I had a great time when we were there last, and I was so glad that we got to know Wyatt a little better.
love, Vanessa