Sunday, November 30, 2008

1st Thanksgiving











This was Wyatt's first Thanksgiving. My mom and dad came from Memphis to celebrate with us. We had a great time. Not only was this Wyatt's first Thanksgiving but it was also our first Thanksgiving to cook at our house. Vincent cooked the turkey and my mom and I made sweet potato casserole,dressing, green beans, green bean casserole, rolls, and chocolate pie. Everything turned out pretty good but all of us agreed that when you have Thanksgiving at someone else's house. It is just great when you don't have to do so much of the cooking. Oh well if my parents would not have come we would have had Thanksgiving with just Vincent,me, Wyatt, and Thorn so we were so happy, for more than one reason, that my parents came. Since Vincent works in the medical field all of our holidays will be here because he only has the holiday off. You really can't travel when you just have one day. That is just fine with me because Wyatt is pretty difficult in the car and I really would like most of his 1st's to be here. Oh yeah Wyatt did get sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving (baby food). Besides Thanksgiving activities Vincent and my dad kept Wyatt so mom and I could go shopping on black friday which was so fun. We also went out to lunch. Mom and dad kept Wyatt on Friday night so that Vincent and I could go out. We had a great time. Any how I do not have that much to say about the baby because he pretty much did the same old Wyatt things on Thanksgiving. However he got overly excited my parents were here and he almost refused to take a morning nap. Oh well.

6 comments:

mom said...

I really treasure the time I get to spend with you both and Mindy's family. It is great being a grandparent, but not so great being so far away from everyone. I wish Andy lived closer to us. Maybe Ximena can get him to move this way!!! I'm already manipulating.

Morgan Holt said...

So glad that your family was able to visit for Thanksgiving! You look beautiful in the pictures as always and I love the picnic ones.

The Hadfields said...

I'm glad you guys had thanksgiving at home. It's fun to travel, but it's nice to be home too!!

Lindy said...

i just love little wyatt's hair! Your picnic pics are precious, glad you all had a happy thanksgiving!

Mindy said...

such great pics and it looks like ya'll had a great time! So sad we didn't get to spend it with you, but hopefully the next time around we will. Love Waytts hair and yours too. That pic of all of yall, it is totally "blowing in the wind". Looks great. And hey, I do believe I picked out that very caterpillar for my sweet nephew. Good to see he likes it. Love ya'll.

Vanessa said...

Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. We missed you, Vincent, and Wyatt!