Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sitting up like a big boy




Wyatt is doing really well with sitting up. He still can't sit himself up but if put in the sitting position he can stay that way. However, the other day I was not watching close enough and he did fall backwards and bump is head fairly hard. There was loud crying and many tears for about 2 minutes and then I showed him his sister Thorn and he started giggling and squealing at her. I think it is crazy how much he likes her. I wish the feeling was mutual from her. When Wyatt reaches out his hand to touch her she walks away. When he was newborn she would always lick him when he cried and try to ( I think) comfort him. Now that he is louder and more mobile she would rather not have anything to do with him. Sometimes when he is screaming I would rather not have anything to do with him either so I understand. The picture of him smiling so big was when he was looking at Thorn. I could not get both of them in the picture. He never smiles that big at humans.

5 comments:

Morgan Holt said...

Not sure what is the deal with babies and dogs but both of my girls love our dog! It's not mutual though. Susie (our dog) runs away as soon as they start messing with her. When both of my girls started sitting up, we would put pillows all around them so if they did fall back, they would not hit the hard floor. We learned our lesson after many times of hitting the noggin! :)

Lindy said...

yay wyatt is sitting up! love his red hair, it is so cute~ hee hee!

Mindy said...

hahaha he is so super happy there. Poor Thorn, the first, older and pushed aside big sis-at least thats how Sage thinks anyways. I'm sure deep down she loves him. Also-he is sitting up sooo good! And dont worry. there will be many more falls to come, that was just the tip of the iceberg.

The Hadfields said...

He looks so big!!

Varner said...

Wyatt is just adorable and getting so big. Allie has an obsession with dogs and we don't even have one! Maybe one day.