Friday, August 1, 2008

Bye Bye pumping




Over the last 4 1/2 months this machine has been glued to my breast. My last day of producing breast milk was Aug 1. My goal for breastfeeding was 5 months but during that time I had a few clogged duct and other problems with my breast so I decided to quit early. Little did I know that quitting would take a month and a half. I talked with many people and everyone had different opinions on how to quit but I finally decided on dropping one feeding every 4-5 days. This really worked best for me because I was having so many problems with clogged ducts. I really did enjoy giving Wyatt breast milk. When I first thought of quitting I was extremely sad. Unless you have had the gift of giving your child all the food they need you will not know what I am talking about. Anyhow I am so glad that I did get the chance to do this and I would definately reommend it to everyone but for now I am saying good bye to the pump that has been my best friend for almost 5 months. These pictures are a tribute to Medela( I can call it by that name since I paid a lot of money for it). Also good bye to lansinoh nipple cream which is great.

4 comments:

mom said...

Yay! Some return to normalcy. Wyatt looks great, so , no worries.
What is wrong with Mindy's blog? It won't open.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finally finishing! You did an amazing job lasting that long. I know Wyatt will be better for it!

The Hadfields said...

I remember feeling such a sense of relief when I stopped breastfeeding Sophie. You don't have to feel like a milk-cow anymore!! It is a sad time but you know that the food and formula you'll be giving him will provide him with the nutrients he needs!! :)

Mindy said...

yes I was ready, but sad all at the same time. You did such a great job. I cant believe you made it that long pumping. Especially with all your craziness that happened. So proud of ya little sis. Yay bek!