Friday, August 22, 2008

Rice cereal and squash



For the past couple of weeks I have been introducing Wyatt to rice cereal and just last week I introduced him to squash. He is not the biggest fan of the cereal but he is doing pretty good with the squash. I have started mixing his cereal with the sqaush but I think he will catch on soon. He has really started to notice everything that we put in our mouths and acts extremely interested in eating but when he takes a few bites he makes that hilarious face and by about the 7th or 8th bite he starts grunting and pursing his lips like i better not put anymore food in his mouth. He has gotten some better since he is getting the squash but he does get a bit of a stubborn attitude and tries to refuse things already (and he is only 5 months) but I just think it is because he is part Beasley and takes after that side of the family-hehe.

3 comments:

Morgan Holt said...

Such a little cutie! I love when babies eat. They can be so hilarious and cute even covered in squash. You might want to try sweet potatoes. Both of my girls loved them. Oh...and once he gets accustomed to rice cereal, you might want to try the oatmeal. Clara Kate took to it more than the rice. If you want to stick with rice, mix some applesauce in it and I bet he'll like that! :) It makes it a bit sweeter.

Courtney said...

look at wyatt expanding his diet. cute pictures. glad you finally posted, so i could see some update pictures!

love you-
courtney

Mindy said...

hahaha. Yes good to see him eating a little something. I love the pics, especially the one of him right when he gets the food in his mouth.